Tegretol (carbamazepine) SUSPENSION
Ciba is now marketing a Tegretol (carbamazepine) SUSPENSION. Until now, it was only available in various types of tablets.
When switching between the tablets and the suspension the TOTAL daily dose stays the same.
But the suspension is usually given more often...TID instead of BID like the tablets.
Table of Contents
- HUGE lawsuit by pharmacists against the drug manufacturers
- beta carotene supplements DON'T prevent cancer or heart disease
- One of the hottest HERBAL supplements these days is ginkgo
- questions about DHEA for aging
- Tegretol (carbamazepine) SUSPENSION
- lots of confusion about when to test drug levels in patients taking anticonvulsants
- methylphenidate (Ritalin) might be carcinogenic
- Rilutek (riluzole) tablets in the U.S.
- cholesterol-lowering drugs might increase the risk of cancer
- The question about whether calcium channel blockers are safe is flaring up again
- Naltrexone (ReVia) is now approved for treating alcoholism
- new antibiotic called Cedax (ceftibuten)
- Famvir (famciclovir) for genital herpes
- Synercid (quinupristin-dalfopristin) is now available for emergency use
- Renova, a new form of Retin-A (tretinoin) for wrinkles
- Kytril (granisetron), to prevent nausea and vomiting from cancer chemotherapy
- using Taxol (paclitaxel) as INITIAL therapy for advanced ovarian cancer
- two new therapies for advanced breast cancer
- Arimidex (ah-RIM-i-dex) is a brand-new drug
- Canadian guidelines for treating gonorrhea and chlamydia have just been revised