new 2-dose regimen for the hepatitis B vaccine, Recombivax HB (Merck Frosst)
Many parents will be happy to hear about the new 2-dose regimen for the hepatitis B vaccine, Recombivax HB (Merck Frosst).
Recombivax HB is usually given in THREE DOSES of 5 mcg to kids.
The new alternative is to give TWO DOSES of 10 mcg...for ADOLESCENTS aged 11 to 15 years of age.
Table of Contents
- chart of the significant new drugs approved in 1999
- More info is becoming available on herbals, etc
- whether it's safe to combine a statin and gemfibrozil (Lopid)
- using niacin to lower cholesterol might actually INCREASE the risk of heart disease
- Aldara (imiquimod) cream for refractory common and plantar warts
- Rogaine (minoxidil 2%) will now be available without a prescription
- alcohol can affect the risk of developing type 2 DIABETES
- Many patients aren't using their insulin pens correctly
- Effexor or Prozac can reduce hot flashes in some cancer survivors
- Internet rumor that antiperspirants cause breast cancer
- Alpha lipoic acid is now showing up in all kinds of "diabetes supplements"
- new 2-dose regimen for the hepatitis B vaccine, Recombivax HB (Merck Frosst)
- changes in the recommended dosing for the Lyme vaccine (Lymerix)
- possible interaction between Aricept (donepezil) and Paxil (paroxetine)
- high cholesterol might increase the risk of Alzheimer's
- Important new warnings about Prepulsid (cisapride) are coming out
- Celebrex (celecoxib) is now approved in the U.S. for a hereditary form of colorectal cancer
- various isoflavone supplements to prevent or treat osteoporosis
- Serevent (salmeterol) is now approved for asthma in children as young as 4