There's a lot of talk about the "nocebo effect."
Nocebo is the Latin word for "I will harm."
Think of it as the opposite of the "placebo effect."
Table of Contents
- allow pharmacists to provide emergency contraceptive pills
- Starlix (nateglinide), a new oral tablet for type 2 diabetes
- metformin can lower vitamin B12 levels
- confused about the "sugar-free" candies marketed to patients with diabetes
- Xatral (ZAY-trall, alfuzosin), a new once-daily drug for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- new vaginal estrogen tablet called Vagifem
- latest thinking on treating osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Lymerix is off the market
- New Canadian hypertension guidelines
- More patients will be taking Plavix (clopidogrel)
- the different interferons for MS
- new concerns about the safety of Meridia (sibutramine)
- natural weight loss products
- "nocebo effect"
- link between homocysteine levels and dementia