Leukotriene antagonists for asthma
You'll hear lots about leukotriene antagonists for asthma.
The first two have just been released in the U.S...Accolate (zafirlukast) and Zyflo (zileuton).
More potent drugs in this class are on the way in both the U.S. and Canada.
Table of Contents
- More discussions about increasing prescription drug information for patients
- Some patients take ketoconazole (Nizoral) tablets with a cola beverage
- Amphotericin B ORAL suspension
- New LIPID formulations of IV amphotericin B
- Computer software programs for diabetics
- Rezulin (troglitazone) for Type II diabetes
- Closer look at vaginal spermicides
- New oral contraceptive, Estrostep
- Drug interactions with contraceptives
- Drugs that might help reduce the risk of Alzheimer's
- New drug to TREAT Alzheimer's called Aricept (donepezil)
- The new appetite suppressant, Redux (dexfenfluramine) for binge eating
- New COMBINATION drugs for hypertension
- Several alternatives for patients who get a chronic cough from ACE inhibitors
- Beta blockers to reduce the risk of heart attack or heart failure after surgery
- New thrombolytic, Retavase (reteplase)
- Leukotriene antagonists for asthma
- Common symptom of menopause is oral discomfort
- Chart of significant new drugs approved by the FDA and HPB in 1996