Rezulin (troglitazone) for Type II diabetes
The FDA and the HPB are considering Rezulin (troglitazone) for Type II diabetes.
Troglitazone will be the first drug in a new class.
It helps reduce insulin resistance...an underlying metabolic defect in most patients with Type II diabetes.
Table of Contents
- More discussions about increasing prescription drug information for patients
- Some patients take ketoconazole (Nizoral) tablets with a cola beverage
- Amphotericin B ORAL suspension
- New LIPID formulations of IV amphotericin B
- Computer software programs for diabetics
- Rezulin (troglitazone) for Type II diabetes
- Closer look at vaginal spermicides
- New oral contraceptive, Estrostep
- Drug interactions with contraceptives
- Drugs that might help reduce the risk of Alzheimer's
- New drug to TREAT Alzheimer's called Aricept (donepezil)
- The new appetite suppressant, Redux (dexfenfluramine) for binge eating
- New COMBINATION drugs for hypertension
- Several alternatives for patients who get a chronic cough from ACE inhibitors
- Beta blockers to reduce the risk of heart attack or heart failure after surgery
- New thrombolytic, Retavase (reteplase)
- Leukotriene antagonists for asthma
- Common symptom of menopause is oral discomfort
- Chart of significant new drugs approved by the FDA and HPB in 1996