STANDARDIZED herbal products
There's lots of talk now about STANDARDIZED herbal products.
This is NOT as clear-cut as it may seem.
Pharmacists and physicians are accustomed to knowing exactly what is in regular drugs.
Table of Contents
- STANDARDIZED herbal products
- confused about the readings they're getting from the newer blood glucose meters
- significant interaction when verapamil is combined with lovastatin (Mevacor) or simvastatin (Zocor)
- new antiplatelet drug called Plavix
- starting most heart failure patients on "triple therapy"
- now marketing Nitrolingual Pumpspray
- Atacand (candesartan), a new angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) for hypertension
- gabapentin (Neurontin) for psychiatric disorders
- Paxil (paroxetine) or other SSRIs for social phobia
- SSRIs can increase the risk of falls in the elderly
- Periostat, a new "pill" for periodontitis
- lamivudine for chronic hepatitis B
- This year's flu vaccine may be especially beneficial
- two promising antivirals to treat and prevent influenza
- cautioning about the use of albumin in seriously ill patients
- benefit of two of the newer drugs for osteoporosis
- pharmacists now offer bone density tests
- folic acid supplements substantially reduce the risk of colon cancer